Now we have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lurvely Ella at the rather amusing Gorilla Legs (viel dank) we are now required to do a nice long post about ourselves which is 1) brilliant - I am quite literally my favourite subject, and 2) rather awkward because there is more than one girrly on this blog.
But first- the boring bit. Kind of like the Ts and Cs.
- You have share 11 things about yourself
- You have to answer the 11 questions that your tagger has given you
- You have to choose 11 other blogs to nominate (that have under 200 followers - all about promoting hidden blogging gems and all that)
- And of course thank, and then link back to the person who nominated you!
11 things about myself!
- I have a chronic case of verbal diarrhea (my main symptom being the constant use of 'vagina' in conversation)
- Unlike most teenagers on the blog-o-sphere I am pretty uncreative and unarty, and am in love with most things to do with science, espeically human evolution (in an ideal world I would either go into paleoanthropolgy or act in the RSC)
- I have kept a diary of some sort that I have written in pretty much every night for the last six years.
- I am one of those feminists that is very proud of their bodies, in particular the specialist female chest appendages (as my friends know), which has led to events that may have or may not have earned me the nickname "The Lube-monster" (Dad if you're reading this there really is no need to ask, I shall just stand there awkwardly then slowly back out the room)
- I have lived in the same town for the full sixteen of years of my life (luckily it's the easiest in the UK to get out of on a regular basis) apart from a pretty damn awesome six month spell in actual Manhattan.
- I have two silver awards in the UK Intermediate Maths Challenge. Beat that suckers. Amusingly, the first two years I did I failed in a rather shocking fashion. Essentially, you start with 30 points, then gain points for getting questions right (ranging between 1-10 points), then loose them for getting them wrong (between 1 and 3 I think) . In the first year I finished with 37. The next, with 32.
- Sometimes I like to delude myself that I can sing.
- I am emotionally constipated, and so the moment the River Nile enters my tear ducts my natural reaction is: EMOTIONS? WHAT IS THIS? I MUST COUNTER ACT THIS COMPLETELY UNNATURAL DISPLAY OF BEING HUMAN WITH REALLY AWFUL COMEDY
- My body freezes in fear at the thought of sport. I then loose control of body and become a lump of flesh being hurled about a netball court.
- Career/University course wise, I have always an obsession with the letter A: Author, Archetect, Anthropology and Archeology, Acting etc
- I am genetically programmed to find rowers rather attractive.
Now I believe I am to answer the questions posed to me by Ella....
1) Shrek or Ice Age?
Now I am slightly ashamed to say that I have hardly watched both, but what with my interest in all things prehistoric I'm going to have to say Ice Age.
2) If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
Hang in the GB Rowing teams changing rooms/showers.
3) What is the colour of your walls/wallpaper in your bedroom?
4) Who is your current celebrity crush?
Well... Purely on attractiveness, Douglas Booth. On attractiveness/talent/elitism Benedict Cumberbatch (Someone once told me they could imagine me marrying him and I almost fainted with joy). Then my mind crush is Professor Alice Roberts.
5) If you could go back in time where would you go?
I have three places (cheeky me):
- If I was 24, I would go back to Shakespearean England when Shakespeare was 18, change my name to Anne Hathaway, then may or maybe not become pregnant via him then force him to marry me.
- British Aristocracy in the 1920s.
Hoovers when I am in bare feet.
7) What book are you currently reading?
.... I might be reading some Phillipa Gregory... BUT I do have "History of the Peloponnesian War" by Thucydides and "A Room of One's Own" by Virginia Woolf next on my reading list. So don't judge me.
8) Do you have a strange habit?
I do like this thing with my hands.
9) Do you read Rookie and why do you love it?
Err... Of course? I love it because I get this great satisfaction from an international community :) I love it when people are able to connect through common interest (e.g. teenage angst) despite borders. Also it's pretty feel good.
10) What is your favourite song?
Depends what day of the week it is. I always go back to anything by Marina and The Diamonds, Florence, Walk the Moon, Haim, Abba, and of course there are loads of other songs that I love love loooove... But purely for the memories it contains, it will have to be "Tightrope" by Walk The Moon.
11) If you were trapped in a vat of food, and had to eat your way out, what food would you want to be trapped in?
Ok- I love lots of different food. But for this, it doesn't simply come down to what I like the most- it needs to be easy to eat, not too filling, easy to wash out your hair and not too claustrophobic. Therefore I will have to go with the chocolate mint thins from Waitrose.
Before I could post this we were also nominated by Lizzy at The Flight of The Flamingo (Thank you!!) so now I must answer even more questions!
1) What's your favorite book?
Like most book lovers, there are so many that I just love - but if I was only allowed to take one with me to read in some weird kind of punishing afterlife, I would choose "The Illustrated Man" by Ray Bradbury"
2) What's your favorite song?
Well, I did post it above... But my favourite video has to be "How To Be A Heartbreaker" by Marina and the Diamonds. Purely for the feminist statement made. I swear.
3) What's your favorite Disney movie?
I'm not really a massive fan of Disney, but I did really enjoy Tangled :)
4) What got you to start blogging?
I can't actually remember, but I know Cecily and I both really wanted to do it. Quite honestly, it was probably to boost my University application, however it has turned out to be sooooo much fun and brilliant fulfilling :)
5) Who are some of your idols?
I'm not a massive fan of idols, I mean there are people I admire, like Alice Roberts, but I don't know if I would say she is my idol...
6) Who are some of your celebrity crushes?
7) Who's your best friend and why do you love them?
I've got about six friends who I'm really close to and would say that they are all my best friends, even though I've know them for varying amounts of time (pretty much my entire life to less than a year) but I'm really close to all them, and love them because they let me be who I am, and don't question decisions about my life :)
8) What's your favorite part about yourself (physically or personality-wise)?
I love that I'm not worried about always looking good, and so I really don't care about making a massive idiot of myself.
9) Dark, milk or white chocolate?
I like them all, but dark chocolate tastes best in the evenings :)
10) What's your favorite band/musician?
It literally changes every week.
11) How long was the longest you have ever been from home? Where did you go?
When I was eight we moved to New York for 6 months, which is the longest I've been away from my English home, but I do consider New York to be home and that it is the place that made me who I am. So it would probably have to be like Spain for 2 weeks. I really am exciting.
... And we have been nominated by Batman at BATMANISREAL (Such an awesome name [aren't we popular?]), so now I have even more questions to answer!!!
1) First of all, how are you?
I'm pretty good. It's coming on midday and I only got up an hour ago, so I'm still in that kind of sleepy holiday mood. Unfortunately I have this cough that just won't go away :(
2) Favourite Album?
Depends on my mood:
Happy/celebratory etc: "Walk The Moon" by "Walk The Moon"
Angsty: "Electra Heart" by Marina and the Diamonds
Chill/ if I'm travelling: "An Awesome Wave" by Alt-J
3) Describe your favourite pair of socks
Just a grey pair of trainer socks
4) If you could permanently change (or fix) something, what would it be?
It might be a bit controversial, but I would bring back Grammar schools nationwide.
6) Least favourite book?
"The Pearl" by John Steinbeck.
7) How much cash do you have on you right now?
Considering I am in my pajamas and a hoodie; none.
8) How old are you?
9) Film or digital?
I love the look of digital film, however I prefer to use digital.
10) Have you ever taken a stand? If so, how was it?
Cecily and I once took a stand against a group of girls in our class who wanted Leavers Onesies instead of Leavers Hoodies. This horrendous movement was eventually crushed by our Head of House telling them it was a "stupid idea".
11) Ever pulled a prank? If so, what was your best prank? If not, what prank would you consider pulling?
I once convinced one of best friends (as I like to remind her) that pigs "don't have balls, they have squares" and that Polar Bears "have three lungs" (the latter was helped by the fact my Biology teacher joined in).
And Questions for our nominees (that shall be in Cecily's post)
1) One Harangue?
2) One Fancy?
3) Favourite play?
4) Favourite quote?
5) Hidden Talent?
6) Favourite poem?
7) Favourite ice-cream?
8) Favourite place in your home country?
9) Strongest subject at school?
10) If you were guaranteed success in any career, what would you do?
11) You have a phone, a police box, a monocle and a piece of string. How would you determine the shape of the Earth?
That was a rather long post- but hey, now you know a whole load more stuff about me :)